Cannot debug assembly after injection

Dec 19, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I have a scenario where I need to inject a simple text file, post-build, into my core assembly. This tool did the job beautifully, but when debugging any of my dependent projects which use this core assembly, the core assembly code is skipped, probably due to invalid or missing PDB.

Is there any way to fix this? Thank you.
Coordinator
Dec 20, 2013 at 8:33 AM
The quick ansewer is: "Yes, you cannot debug after injection'. I'm actually working on handling PDBs but it is not priority. I assumed LibZ IS NOT used for debuging. I do my own debugging on non-injected dlls I use LibZ for release ONLY.
Is there any particualr need to do injection for debugging?
Dec 20, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Yes, the WPF User Control Designer will execute the assembly code to build a "preview". If your user controls rely on these injections, then it must be applied in all build configurations in order for the designer to function.

In my case I was able to find another solution by a simple command line build step however.
Coordinator
Dec 20, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I do all the injections in "build installer" script only. Generally I'm working on "regular" assemblies. I'm recognizing the usefulness of it, I just don't see it as extremely important.
Dec 20, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Thank you anyway. I understand how difficult it would be to fix such a thing. I will look into using this if I have a need for using it in deployment assemblies.